Job #: 20849
Title: Accounting Manager
Job Location: New York City, New York - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a non-profit organization that brings clean drinking water to developing nations and have a unique business model, in that their operational expenses are kept completely separate from the fundraising. Despite being a non profit, they actually run more like a cool, fast paced startup than a non profit. Really great perks unlimited vacation policy, they send their new employees to one of the projects overseas to experience the work they are doing, great benefits, etc. Offices have ping pong tables and a layout that looks like a young startup. The role will manage and mentor a team of 2 senior accountants and theyd ideally like someone with a few years of accounting experience in industry, and a foundation in public accounting. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Lead, manage and support the accounting team through direct supervision and coaching.
- Assist in the timely management of the month-end consolidated financial close process by keeping team priorities on track and assisting staff.
- On a monthly basis, review and approve journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the accounting team; and investigate discrepancies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Continually develop, expand and improve month-end close and financial reporting procedures and timelines.
- Research and own implementation of new accounting standards.
- As the organization continues to evolve and grow, assist in the creation of new processes and implementation of new systems.
- Review and improve existing processes and systems with a focus on simplification, standardization, and optimization of manual processes.
- Support management of the year-end consolidated financial statement audit, tax return preparation, and regulatory filings.
- With our Assistant Controller, support the management of special projects, general ledger implementation, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Active CPA designation
- 5+ years of professional experience in accounting, including public accounting, with 3+ years of managing a high performing team
- Proven ability to manage and develop the careers of direct reports
How to Apply: