Job #: 28629
Title: Operating Room RN- CVOR ($ 20,000 Sign on Bonus)
Job Location: Falls Church, Virginia - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: yes
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
What is great about the area? So much! Not far from Washington DC and a train ride away from Baltimore, MD. The county our client is located in offers a magnet Housing program which included those in the healthcare industry. This program provides attractive, well-located, affordable RENTAL housing. (We can provide you with detailed info on this should you meet the qualifications of the job and if you are not already living in the area.)
To learn more about this great opportunity, please email your resume to us along with your salary requirement. JOB DESCRIPTION
We are in search of a RN near Falls Church, VA. with at least 2 years critical care/ cardiac experience RN experience. We will consider those who have an Associate`s Degree, however you must obtain a BSN within 2 years of start date.
About the unit:
* There are 7 ORs 1 pediatric OR, 1 hybrid OR and 1 dedicated thoracic/vascular OR
* Average 25 30 surgeries/ week
* Currently there are 5 cardiac surgeons plus 2 vascular and 2 thoracic surgeons
- Full Time positions are 40 hours/week
- Most staff work 4 10 hour days, some staff work 3 13 hour days with some weekends
* Call is required
- First call is 1 night/week and 1 weekend/month
- Second call can be 1 night per week and 1 weekend/month depending on status (scrub, circulator, RNFA, ERNFA)
What is great about this opportunity? :
- Our client`s Heart and Vascular Institute offers world class care.
-They are are consistently on the short list of U.S. hospitals selected to study the latest advances in heart disease treatments, including trials for atrial fibrillation and heart valve disease.
- Our client is the first hospital in Virginia to offer the CoreValve trial, a minimally invasive treatment for a heart valve disease known as aortic stenosis.
-We are one of the few centers around the country to offer three transcatheter valve options to patients. Known nationally for superior outcomes and expertise in minimally invasive valve procedures.
-Robust LVAD/heart transplant program
PLUS SO MUCH MORE!
*For those with at least 1-2 years experience, salary starts at 86,000 and goes up from here into the SIX FIGURE range should you have 8 or more years of experience, level of education and any additional specialty certificates you may have.*
Incredible benefits some of which include the following:
- Registered Nurses with at least two years of Critical Care RN experience are eligible to receive a sign on bonus. Those relocating from more than 50 miles away will also receive up to $15,000 or $20,000 in reimbursable relocation expenses. (Accepting the bonus requires signing a two or three year employment commitment.)
- You are eligible for medical, dental and vision coverage after 30 days
- You are 100 percent vested in matching contributions after 3 years. Our client matches 100 percent of the first 5 percent you elect to contribute. A Roth 401(k) feature is also available
- Flexible paid time off for personal time, holidays, vacation and incidental sick leave. Accrual earned based on length of service and actual hours worked. Accrual begins upon employment; use after 30 days of employment for qualified events.
- Educational assistance eligibility after 180 days of employment: Maximum assistance of $3,000 per year ($5,250 for BSN/MSN degrees). Award will be granted based on budgeted hours worked per week
- Free parking
- SALARY IS BASED ON YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
OUR CLIENT OFFERS SO MUCH MORE!
(If you have strong Operating Room experience, but not CVOR, please send us your resume as there are other Operating Room roles.) QUALIFICATIONS
The qualified candidate must have:
* Minimum of two years direct CVOR Registered Nurse experience is required (Must have a minimum of two years experience to qualify for bonus)
* You should be experienced with the following: CABGs, AVRs, MVRs, Aortic aneurysms, TAVRs, VADs, etc
RN License to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
BSN or ADN Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (our client does offer education assistance... see below under benefits)
If RN has an ADN, within six months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required
Must be available to take call and rotate weekends, holidays and off-shifts
CNOR certification highly desired
Previous experience in a Level I Trauma Center is preferred
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: