Job #: 28639
Title: Application Engineer
Job Location: Monee, Illinois - United States
Salary: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity for a recent grad to get into a large, stable manufacturer.
Client moves quickly when they like candidates and pays promptly. JOB DESCRIPTION
Application Engineer Position
Attention recent college grads - great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a major manufacturer.
Candidates will provide analysis of customer specifications to create complete equipment or to update sales proposals including technical, commercial and pricing aspects for railcar maintenance/lifting equipment. The Application Engineer will provide support or direction to all other departments involved after receipt of order through product shipment and installation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Performs application engineering for Requests for Proposal (RFPs) for equipment product lines and defines the proposed scope of work.
- Develops estimates and/or assists Estimator for RFPs for various equipment product lines and with costing databases used for estimating.
- Prepares and reviews proposals for various equipment product lines.
- Reviews customer supplied specifications and open vendor proposals.
- Provides project management support during the product engineering/manufacturing/start-up process.
- Develops equipment manuals.
- Works closely with other Product Group staff, salespeople, outside vendors, customers, and other departments.
- Supports customer service and warranty issues and related job duties.
- Supports overall company performance goals.
- Uses Microsoft Office (incl. Excel, Word), ManFact (ERP), drawing system (AutoCAD).
- 2-4 years of college with an associates or bachelors degree in ME, MET, EE, EET or equivalent related field experience required.
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge of various components required.
- Ability to size mechanical components, including electric motors, gearing, couplings, and shafting, etc. May perform equipment layout function as part of the application effort.
- Ability to read and understand machinery and structural drawings, customer-supplied specifications, codes and industry standards.
- Prior experience in large industrial equipment or structural steel industries is a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed, typically a partial day up to 3 days, 1-10 times/year.
- Occasional work in a manufacturing environment in a technical support role (ability to climb on heavy equipment that may be elevated 30-50 feet required).
- The ideal candidate must be a good communicator, both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: