Job #: 28893
Title: Federal Tax Manager
Job Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Health/Dental/Vision, 401K, Bonus, Education Assistance
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The company is a talent rich global organization providing opportunities for growth, professional development, and a lasting career.
The Federal Tax Manager is an important part of the company`s service offerings. The office enviroment is professional but relaxed.
The incoming candidate will have an opportunity to work on a varied client mix with the support of tax partners to learn intricicies of each engagement. Flexible work arrangements are offered, along with a comprehensive benefits package and very competitive salary. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Federal Tax Manager works closely with private and public company clients and staff on all phases of project and engagement management across a wide variety of industries, including multi-state and multinational businesses.
- Run client engagements from start to finish; planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor senior associates, associates, and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews.
- Research and consult on various tax matters.
- Support the partners and managing directors in the pursuit of new and expanded business opportunities.
- Review tax returns and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities.
- Prepare and review tax provision calculations for both public and private companies.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor`s degree in Accounting. CPA, Master`s in Taxation, LLM in Taxation, or JD.
- CPA required.
- Five plus years of progressive tax compliance and/or tax consulting experience.
- Experience with ASC 740.
- Experience in public accounting is a plus.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: