Job #: 22368
Title: Cytotechnologist ASCP
Job Location: Zanesville, Ohio - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are recruiting a Cytotechnologist for an expanding healthcare system in SouthCentral Ohio- one hour East of Columbus
$4000 Sign on and relocation assistance!!!
Comprehensive benefits package: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, 403B with employer matching, employer-sponsored pension, Paid Time Off, free employee health services, credit union, fitness center, child care and sick child care, one-mile walking/running trail etc.)
Great healthcare system located about 1 hour east of Columbus, OH and 2 hours west of Pittsburgh! Rural city with rolling hills located in eastern central OH.
If you love to golf, this is the city for you! There are also 2 state parks in the area with hiking, boating, swimming opportunities, etc. Antiques and pottery are big business in this area as are Longaberger baskets. Sports leagues include: sand volleyball, softball, etc. There are several choices of fitness centers (average cost to join for one person is $250/year). A choice 1 bedroom apartment will cost ~ $475 -650/ month. JOB DESCRIPTION
- ASCP required; must be graduate of an accredited Cytology program
- M - F (no weekends) day shift
- Start time varies between 7a and 8a
- Candidate must be trained in microscopic evaluation of gynecological (pap smears) and non gynecological (body fluids) specimens
- Primary duty is the microscopic evaluation of pap smears. Additional duties: processing of Non GYN specimens, assisting on final needle aspirates, microscopic evaluation of Non GYN specimens, pap smear registration and accessioning, pap smear processing, pap smear staining, stainer maintenance. The processing, registration, and accessioning is typically done by support staff but the Cytotechs cover for PTO, FMLA, call offs, or when it is needed based on volume.
- Equipment - Thin Prep processors, Thin Prep imager, Leica stainer
- Will work directly with 3 Board Certified Cytopathologists and 1 other Cytotech
- Volume: 10,000 pap smears/yea and 3,000 non gyn/year
- Reports to Clinical Lab Manager
- $27.27 $37.53/hour
- $4,000 sign-on bonus
- Relocation yes
ASCP required; must be graduate of an accredited Cytology program
Experience preferred; may consider a strong new graduate.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: