Job #: 28924
Title: Plant Manager
Job Location: Thousand Oaks, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a global leader in home and long-term-care medical products, is seeking an experienced Plant Manager for their plant North of Los Angeles. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Plant Manager is responsible for leading all activities of a high-performance manufacturing and assembly facility utilizing lean manufacturing principles and leadership to drive continuous and significant improvements in key operational metrics including safety, quality, delivery, and productivity. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, HRA, FSA. Relocation Assistance available prefer candidates already in CA or that have ties to the area.
- Working with the Materials personnel, establish purchasing and inventory control policies and coordinate material requirements and coordinate activities required by MRP programs.
- Championing a continuous improvement environment by conducting Kaizen and other lean events in conjunction with the Operational Excellence team
- Working with the Business Unit Leaders and Marketing Directors, evaluate new product concepts relative to manufacturing capabilities, in accordance with business unit external growth profit objectives.
- Execute manufacturing schedules and personnel requirements, and the application of production standards and safety programs.
- Execute manufacturing schedules, based on interaction with sales/marketing to incorporate predictions into production plans and resolve special problems.
- Develop and plan budgets for capital expansion of operations, plant expansion, production equipment purchases, and production facilities, in conjunction with business unit profit objectives.
- Review and approve internal budgets and performance against budgets
- Develop and execute an Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and budgets for Manufacturing Operations.
- Assess need for and assist in implementation strategy for new manufacturing systems and technologies at all locations.
- Establish cost improvement goals and plans.
- Establish lead time improvement goals and plans.
- Direct compliance with regulatory requirements (FDA, EPA, OSHA, ADA ETC.)
- Evaluate staffing needs and costs; identifies, hires and promotes individuals with the right skills and competencies necessary to achieve superior results.
- Develop a team environment that values diversity and uses various individuals strengths to the benefit of the team.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in manufacturing/plant management.
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Science or Business. MBA a plus.
- Experience working in a complex manufacturing environment involving fabrication, component mfg, CNC machining, assembly etc. (automotive, aerospace, medical equipment etc) and stringent quality guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes (GMP/ISO-9000, MRPII, JIT, Kan-Ban, etc.) and manufacturing equipment.
- Proven track record for leading Lean (Toyota Production System) based transformations.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification is preferred
- Must have in depth experience managing complex, build to order products in a vertically integrated facility.
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS quality standards.
- Thorough working knowledge of Policy Deployment (Hoshin Kanri) processes.
- Should show steady career progression and a stable work history.
- Should be located in or have connections to California.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: