Job #: 28969
Title: Sr. Antenna Engineer for Automotive
Job Location: Brighton, Michigan - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This automotive antenna design job will come with growth potential, and literally no bureaucracy. Though were a large company, this is a small division in the Detroit, Michigan area where the cost of living is low, and the recreational activities are endless. Youll will work independently to achieve your goals and maximize our designs, and since were a small division, your work will be recognized JOB DESCRIPTION
Job # 3228
We are seeking an RF Antenna Design Engineer for our Automotive R&D team based in the Detroit / Ann Arbor area. You will be responsible for new technology and solution development for automotive antenna, and associated Low Noise Amplifiers (LNA`s), Antenna Elements, and related automotive RF products for infotainment, and satellite radio applications. Though this is with our Automotive sector, we Might consider Antenna design expertise outside of the automotive industry. Your background with small antennas related to consumer electronics, cellular, medical devices, or of course automotive, and the understanding of the EMI / EMC issues associated with small packaged applications, and in a highly electronically complex environment is key.
We have been a premier provider / manufacturer of Antennas, interconnect products, and other components found in mobile phones and other mobile devices; as well as antennas for automotive and other markets. Our capability for high-volume production of these technically demanding, miniaturized products, combined with our speed of new product introduction, is a critical factor for our success in these markets.
We have consistently strived to create leading-edge, innovative products for a diverse range of customers across a multitude of industries and end markets. Through our close collaboration with these customers, we have become the interconnect partner of choice in enabling the electronics revolution. Our organization is spread across more than 30 countries with more than 50,000 employees in greater than 100 facilities.
Come to work in a state of the art facility, where you will have creative freedom, be recognized for your accomplishments, and rewarded by your efforts.
If you have the Antenna design background, please apply and join our team.
- This is NOT an entry level job
- Full authorization to work for any employer in America is required
To be considered, you should have the following essential duties and responsibilities:
* Design and develop specific Antenna designs, preferably within the automotive or consumer electronics industry
* To explore cutting-edge technologies and track and monitor industry design trends
* To develop innovative solutions with challenging technical and product requirements
* To cooperate with other internal functions to ensure your design can be implemented in leading /cutting edge products successfully
* To draft technical specifications, design guidelines and related documents for new solutions.
* To meet with customers and provide technical support for customer design activities
* Some travel will be required, including occasional international travel to Europe and Asia. Approximately 10% - 15% of total work time may be dedicated to business travel.
A Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering is required. An advanced degree in electromagnetics highly preferred. Candidates with degrees in other engineering disciplines will be considered, if coupled with significant experience in automotive antennas.
A minimum of 6 years of industry experience in automotive RF, with at least 3 of those years in Antenna design
* Experience in both antenna and LNA technologies, specific to the automotive industry
* Significant knowledge of AM/FM, SDARS, GNSS, RKE, GSM/UMTS/LTE, 802.11, Bluetooth, and DSRC, including the corresponding system level specifications.
* Must have deep understanding of electromagnetic theory, microwave and antenna design.
* Proficiency, hands-on skills with simulation tools such as CST-MWS and HFSS.
* Experience of tackling key technical problems or innovative designs independently.
* Proactive and self-motivated. Curiosity and sensitivity for science, technology and engineering are essential.
* This position will require a variety of skills and cover many varied tasks; therefore flexibility, an ability to work independently, and move outside the comfort zone will be essential to success.
* Fluency in both written and verbal English.
* Good team spirit and communication skills.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: