Job #: 29409
Title: Principal Solutions Architect
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona - United States
Salary: $125,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 20% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our Client was a pioneer in the FinTech space. They run a $54BB in assets banking organization with one branch. They cater to the technology startup space so they tend to work in highly technical functions JOB DESCRIPTION
Sr. Solutions Architect, Phoenix, Az #4140
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, The Company has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. THE COMPANY provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers around the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, THE COMPANY helps address the unique needs of innovators.
As a technology leader and subject matter expert, the Solution Architect will design, develop and implement IT architecture projects. The Solution Architect will review business requirements, lead architecture design, plan projects, guide engineers technical project managers and developers and ensure all solutions support THE COMPANYs enterprise standards. Responsible for defining business processes and business models to support each THE COMPANY business. Designs and assesses the maturity of the overarching enterprise infrastructure; reviews technical design and application design specifications to assure integration with the enterprise model. Identifies gaps, overlaps and inconsistencies and opportunities to develop data models that support THE
COMPANYs business processes efficiently and effectively. Partners with IT Business Vertical Leads and defines and champion the overarching technology blue-print for THE COMPANY.
Leverage expertise across all THE COMPANY business and technology domains (including applications, information management/data, security, infrastructure, middleware, etc.) to define and document exemplary strategies and standards for IT and business technology strategies in combination with business owners and the IT Business Vertical Heads and business stakeholders.
- Contributes to the development and ensures quality for the Solution Architecture and technology roadmaps for business vertical Play a key role in the Solution Architecture Community of Practice.
- Provide input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, and deliverables, when needed
- Provide support and guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes
- Provide subject matter expertise of application architecture, and consult business and technology teams when application architecture knowledge is needed
- Champion the business cases and supporting financial details for business system improvements in the business verticals.
- Be able to perform deep analytical understanding of the current and target state of the business application environment, the business process, and related industry leading practices (including a complete understanding of the vendor landscape).
- Must influence across their team, IT, and the business to drive continuous improvements in the direction of the approved target state architecture
- Lead collaboration of and arbitrate conflicts between technology domains and their stakeholders. Participate in business and technology planning sessions and anticipate future business/technology changes
- Work with Business Partners and Enterprise Architecture to review business drivers, needs, and strategies and understand implications to the application architecture
- Establish criteria and perform technology evaluations, including analysis and proof of concept along with supporting analysis and documentation
- Communicate implications of architectural decisions, issues, and plans to business and vertical leadership
- Experience: Requires 7+years of IT financial services work experience in a combination of Solution Architecture related IT fields including 5+ years of IT Delivery, technical lead or related experience.
- Ability to facilitate and lead cross-functional teams to drive technical consensus and drive complex project plans with technical interdependencies.
- Comfortable facilitating work sessions with technical engineers and senior managers. Able to lead discussions, capture results and produce related technical design documents and related deliverables.
- Consistent demonstration of professional judgment.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Able to work independently and to collaborate across the organization.
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and achieve results amidst constraints.
- Able to prioritize and respond to multiple deadlines during the day.
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies
- Familiarity with data concepts: data warehouse, MDM, data lake
- Familiarity with integration concepts: SOA, ETL, Streaming (Kafka)
- Familiarity with cloud concepts
Desired or Preferred
- Cloud solution architecture experience is a plus
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Familiarity with the financial industry and knowledge of U.S. and U.K. regulatory guidelines.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Tempe, Will also consider letting this position sit in Santa Clara, Ca.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: