Job #: 36589
Title: R&D Engineer
Job Location: Abbeville, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
You will be working for an organization who is a leader in Flexible Hose and Ducting Manufacturing. They were founded in Connecticut in 1947 and opened the Abbeville, South Carolina plant in 1964. The Abbeville plant has grown and still serves as one of their key manufacturing plants today, but through expansion in other key locations they have the ability to serve customers in a global capacity. They employ approx. 400 dedicated associates in Abbeville, South Carolina and Lubeck, Germany and are proud that their flexible hoses and ducting products have been used in many diverse and historic applications. This company, a subsidiary of the parent company, their main product was vacuum hoses and now they have expanded in the industrial and medical fields. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for the design and development of new and derivative products, equipment, and processes
- Proactive in the development of new products and processes in order to maintain the existing customer base and attract new customers.
- Responsible for implementing all product designs to meet the customer requirements.
- Seeks maximum agreement between customer specifications and design specifications.
- Works with the broader R&D organization in the design, development, documentation and manufacturing implementation of new and derivative products for the Group
- Works with the broader R&D and Operations organizations to design, develop, document and implement new processes, process improvements and production equipment for the Group
- Maintains a clear understanding of desired product performance characteristics of the consumer, customer, warranty, regulatory and/or other entities
- Develops and originates specifications for and documentation of all newly developed product raw materials, components and assemblies. Evaluates specifications for raw materials and components and negotiates with vendors to establish requirements.
- Develops, arranges and specifies all compliance testing. Initiates or defines new product test procedures when existing procedures do not meet needs.
- Remains knowledgeable of, interprets and reports data generated from internal trial runs or product studies, including communication and negotiation with customers
- Analyzes competitive products and developments on an ongoing basis for design and processing, performance and cost
- Stays abreast of patents and initiates invention disclosures and patent applications as required
- Visits customers, attends trade shows and remains knowledgeable of market developments and trends
- Coordinates and oversees design and fabrication of prototype and production tooling
Position Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related Engineering discipline. Equivalent experience acceptable.
- 5 years experience ideally
- Strong conceptual skills and mechanical aptitude
- Well-organized self-starter with creative and innovative ability
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer proficiency for 3D CAD and general office software
- Exceptional knowledge of products, components and processes
- High degree of technical knowledge
- Molding experience a plus
- Spends considerable time on shop floor
- Travel required.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: