Job #: 39310
Title: Embedded Firmware Engineer
Job Location: Tampa, Florida - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
State of the art technology, facility, and products. Client company supports the law enforcement industry. Nearly a recession proof industry as their products will have a demand regardless of the economic conditions. JOB DESCRIPTION
Primarily responsible for developing and maintaining our battery operated GPS tracking device products used for monitoring and tracking criminal offenders. Embedded products include GPS, Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ISM RF, alcohol, tamper detection, encryption, and various other technologies. This position works closely with Hardware Engineering, Software Development team, and QA.
- Work with the existing Embedded Firmware team to support and add new features to our products
- Effectively collaborate and network with numerous internal and external organizations including Hardware Engineering, Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Account Reps in the field.
- Help coordinate development with our sister organization based in Tel Aviv Israel via email, conference calls, video conferencing and some limited travel.
- Actively participate in code reviews to a peer audience with clear written and verbal communications.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWL EDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills
- Ability to understand existing code base with limited documentation
- Strong debugging skills (both hardware and software)
- Familiarity with the following preferred: ARM compilers, Keil IDE, NXP and Freescale microcontrollers; Data and RF Communications protocols; GPS technologies; electronic sensors; and, User Interface designs
- Experience in Embedded Linux a plus skill
- Limited experience developing intellectual property through patent filings.
- Ability to travel domestic and international
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing and supporting embedded firmware solutions
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in C / C++ in embedded devices
- Experience working with microcontrollers and embedded RTOS and debuggers
- Experience working in an R&D team environment with strong interpersonal skills
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: