Job #: 40623
Title: Maintenance Manager
Job Location: Waterloo, Iowa - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: No Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, one of the country`s largest provider of agricultural chemicals is looking for a Maintenance Manager for their Cedar Rapids, IA manufacturing plant.
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee and direct the operations of the Plant Maintenance and subsequent personnel to insure that plant resources are used efficiently to meet customer requirements and that company procedures and policies are followed and regulatory requirements are complied with as they pertain to the plant. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Leads and supports company`s Safety Vision, Mission and Values.
- Work with the SQRA Coordinator and Operations Manager to ensure that safety and regulatory issues are addressed and training is conducted to meet company and regulatory agency requirements.
- Responsible for managing the activities, procedures and standards of performance for all Maintenance personnel following established SOPs, safety, and regulatory policies.
- Responsible for managing the Maintenance Department to ensure that plant equipment is maintained to operate safely and efficiently and that repairs are conducted on a timely basis.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of CMMS (Maximo).
- Develop and manage the maintenance budget for HWL.
- Develop a report to communicate plant maintenance statistics based on the maintenance program to ensure quality information is available to evaluate equipment life, performance and issues.
- Responsible for identifying process improvement opportunities and formulating project proposals for addressing them.
- Ensure that standard operating procedure documents are current and trained. Update procedures effecting the Maintenance Department as necessary to maintain consistency with current plant practices.
- Responsible for managing plant capital projects assigned.
- Assist the branch Operations Manager and Plant Engineer in preparing the plant capital expense budget.
- Manage and develop the work orders system, preventive maintenance schedules, LO/TO and other procedures, equipment histories and inventories, etc.
- Responsible for the evaluation and development of Maintenance personnel. This includes a formal performance evaluation in the Spring, and an informal performance evaluation in the Fall, and other informal evaluations as needed. Conduct performance appraisals at a minimum of one formal in the Spring and informal (one page summary) in the Fall.
- Serve as Waterloos Primary Emergency Coordinator and a member of the Branch Emergency Response Team.
- Guides employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- Uphold company`s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Submit a monthly status report for the Maintenance Department. Report should communicate performance statistics and critical departmental activity.
Guide personnel in charge of process controls to advance the systems in the plant and maintain adequate documentation and drawings.
Organize and maintain a vendors file for equipment, parts, etc.
Develop and execute corrective actions for deficiencies found during regular plant audits.
Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
Supports effective communication with all company departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Plant Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelors degree in a technical field or >10 years relevant technical experience is required.
- Three to five years of chemical processing experience with supervisory or management experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, with employees and management.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to sit and /or stand up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairways up to 30 feet in height up to 10 times per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs several times daily.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: