Job #: 42024
Title: Human Resources Manager
Job Location: Macon, Georgia - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 20% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great company with outstanding benefits and relocation. Plus a 20% bonus JOB DESCRIPTION
The Human Resources Manager is expected to be a key business partner with the facility manager and the supervising staff in managing the business. They will provide coaching, consulting, support, policy interpretation and application to include matters relating to the sites labor relations. The position is responsible for insuring managements consistent execution of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, adherence to labor regulations, and company policies. The Human Resources Manager leads culture initiatives that include employee communications, health & wellness, community involvement, reward & recognition, performance management and a variety of other activities. Their position understands and aligns business operations and Human Resources as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Provide employee & labor relations counseling and problem solving for managers and employees to ensure a productive work environment, consistency with company values, policies and compliance to state and federal regulatory law
- Provide advice, counseling and training to managers and supervisors on performance-based issues including corrective action plans, terminations, and severance agreements
- Career development planning and execution for direct reports
- Oversee and manage the career development planning and execution for all top performing employees in the facility.
- Oversee and manage the career development planning and execution for MDP and AIP employees.
- Investigate employee relation issues such as employee grievances, complaints, harassment allegations and recommend appropriate action
- Oversee the areas of employment, affirmative action, employee benefits, compensation, performance appraisal programs, personnel record keeping, unemployment claims and employee relations, training, and HRIS for the operating location
- Manages the Collective Bargaining Agreement and Labor Relations including contract administration responsibilities: Partnering with the Labor Relations team to negotiate the sites Collective Bargaining Agreements; facilitating a partnership with the local Union Committee and local Business Agent. Administration and coordination of the grievance process.
- Manage affirmative action programs including implementing and providing training to management regarding AAP goals
- Develop recruiting strategies for hourly and salaried positions. Coordinates and fully participates in the recruiting and selection process. Manages adherence and tracking of personnel to plan.
- Partners with leadership to identify and determine management development needs
- Manages and coordinates site succession and workforce planning efforts
- Lead and/or participate on various project teams, which may include local, divisional, and corporate teams
- Contributing member of mill leadership team. Must be able provide feedback from the employees and companys perspective. Needs to be open and candid with feedback.
- Attend daily production meeting
- Attend and periodically lead business related meetings
- Promote, retain, recruit, and attract A players at all levels in the organization. Responsible for the consistent application of all recruiting and onboarding tools.
- Perform weekend duty responsibilities.
- Administer Payroll (Workbrain) and Attendance Tracking in absence of HR Coordinator
- Up to 25% travel
- Other duties as assigned
Must be able to respond to issues on all shifts. QUALIFICATIONS
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- External candidates must have a minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years experience managing Human Resources in a unionized manufacturing environment
- Experience managing multiple labor related activities such as grievance process, arbitrations, contract negotiation preparation to include contingency planning, participating in the negotiation process
- Experience managing multiple human resources generalist disciplines at all levels from production to professional level employees
- Prior experience supervising direct reports
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor`s Degree in Human Resources, Masters preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Labor Relations and NLRB regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state employment laws and other government compliance regulations.
- Ability to be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization
- High level of organizational and learning agility
- Effective interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to coach employees and management through complex issues and make recommendations that are consistent with policies, procedures and regulatory law
- Sense of urgency and ability to set and manage priorities.
- Ability to maintain composure during emergency situations.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: