Job #: 42704
Title: Assistant Controller
Job Location: Buffalo, New York - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
WNY organization has an immediate need for an Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller will provide financial strategies to the organization and act as a liaison for the finance department with other departments within the company. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of monthly financial close and analysis.
- Develop annual budgets and quarterly forecasts including P&Ls, balance sheets, and all manufacturing department budgets.
- Support various facilities in operational decisions with financial leadership and insight based on financial data and business knowledge
- Responsible for costing of all manufactured items and develop cost estimates for potential new products.
- Coordinate analysis of the various facilities actual performance vs. planned performance to recommend alternate courses of action if necessary.
- Communicate monthly and weekly results through reports, presentations, and organizational meetings.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with both company policy and GAAP.
- Coordinate quarterly inventory reviews.
- Review work produced by accounting staff
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA and/or CPA a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Supervisory experience
- Previous experience in cost accounting and inventory strongly preferred
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: