Job #: 46237
Title: Firmware Engineer
Job Location: Lexington, Kentucky - United States
Remote Job: Yes
Salary: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The company has a variety of career paths available, with growth possibilities into multiple product lines. They offer a combination of technical challenges, stability, and exciting career options. JOB DESCRIPTION
Job summary of the Firmware Engineer:
Our client, a global leader in consumer products, is looking for a firmware engineer to work on video to printer technology. In this role, you will be responsible for embedded firmware design, mainly in a C environment. You work will also include development of real-time requirements, use of SoC hardware blocks, and communication between multiple threads and processes across controller boundaries. You will be involved in the design, creation and debugging of embedded systems through whole development lifecycle.
The company has a variety of career paths available, with growth possibilities into multiple product lines. They offer a comibnation of technical challenges, stability, and exciting career options.
Responsibilities of the Firmware Engineer:
- Design (architect new functionality), develop (write new code) and support (debug and fix breakages) firmware and software tools affecting various aspects of print on single function and multifunction products.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to solidify requirements and work with various teams to accomplish tasks
- Build domain expertise in your area of responsibility, which includes creating prototypes, problem solving and delivering shippable features
- Develop Linux device drivers that utilize controller HW blocks within a SoC
- Create application interfaces and associated software
- Optimize performance and use of system resources.
- BSEE (or BSCE) with 2+ years of experience in embedded software/firmware development.
- Solid background in C coding, taking projects through the full development life-cycle.
- Strong software development engineering, analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Familiarity with Embedded Linux environment and use of DMA, interrupts, and timers.
- Experience with ASIC technology is a plus.
- Applicants must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills for conveying technical details are essential.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: