Registered Nurse- Urgent Care- Ashwaubenon- PRN
This position will work as needed
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse Urgent Care
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care/Clinical Support
URGENT CARE NURSE
THE MISSION STATEMENT
To take care of people with passion, pride, and respect.
OVERALL EXPECTATIONS STATEMENT
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Clinic organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
The urgent care nurse is a skilled member of the healthcare team who functions independently, but under the supervision of a qualified physician. Primary emphasis is on triaging, assessing and monitoring patients during their urgent Care stay, coordination of services and patient education. The nurse`s role includes triaging patients according to medical necessity and communicating this with on duty physician, performing assessments, assisting physician with exams / procedures, performing nursing procedures. In addition, the nurse immediately reports condition changes or critical patients to the on-duty physician and coordinates care as needed.
Float position between 5 Urgent Care locations in Green Bay. 12 hour shifts during the week (8a-8p) and 8 hours shifts on the weekends (8a-4p).
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (This may not include all duties assigned.)
- Obtains a verbal history from the patient regarding their current condition and medications and carry out physical assessments including obtaining/monitoring of vital signs, EKGs, etc.
- Evaluates the patient`s priority for being seen if multiple patients arrive at one time.
- Is knowledgeable about and can operate correctly the following equipment:
- Cardiac Monitor
- EKG machine
- IV pump
- Oxygen Tanks
- Must maintain competency in the following area:
- Competent in CPR and successful completion of an AHA-sponsored course in BLS and renewal on a regular basis
- Provides emotional support to patients and significant others.
- Assists in the development and assures implementation of policies/procedures for the department.
- Attends required in-services/educational opportunities for the department
- Prepares and maintains accurate clinical records in the department, including stress testing reports.
- Assists in the implementation of a QI program for the department.
- Knowledge of confidence in performing within scope of practice and skill set.
- IV insertion and administration of fluids
- IM/SB injections of all age groups
- port access/picc line access/lab draws
- insertion of foley catheter and straight catheterization
- splint placement / orthoglass placement
Must demonstrate a positive and helpful style of interaction with patients, physicians, co-workers and the public.
Must demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by using appropriate interpersonal skills without arousing hostility in others.
Must have the ability to use logical reasoning principles to arrive at solutions to work-related problems for which no established procedure exists.
Must be able to maintain self-control under stressful situations and workload pressures without exhibiting negative behaviors.
Must be willing to learn new technical skills related to the position in order to maintain satisfactory performance.
Must maintain a professional appearance and conduct conducive to Prevea Clinic`s mission and values.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Wisconsin RN licensure required.
- Five years of nursing experience with a minimum of two years critical care nursing experience.
Other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Must be able to stand for 12 hours per day. Must be able to lift/assist patients for transfer.
Must be able to visualize EKG rhythms.
Requires manual dexterity sufficient to start IVs, operate a keyboard and other equipment. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens.
It is necessary to work in an environment that can be very stressful and fast paced.
Must possess logical or scientific thinking to solve problems with several abstract and concrete variables.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in a clinic environment. One spends most of the day in a standing position in addition to doing a great deal of walking. May be exposed to blood and body fluids.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care/Clinical Support
Frequency of activity required to perform the job
(0% of work day)
(1-10% of work day)
(11-33% of work day)
(34-66% of work day)
( Greater than 67% of work day)
Lift/Carry 0-10 lbs.
Lift/Carry 11-25 lbs.
Lift/Carry 26-35 lbs.
Lift/Carry 36-50 lbs.
Lift/Carry 51-75 lbs.
Lift/Carry 76-100 lbs.
Lift/Carry > 100 lbs.
Push/Pull up to 10 lbs.
Push/Pull 11-25 lbs.
Push/Pull 26-35 lbs.
Push/Pull 36-50 lbs.
Push/Pull 51-75 lbs.
Push/Pull 76-100 lbs.
Push/Pull > 100 lbs.
Reach (Above shoulder level)
Reach (Below shoulder level)
Simple Grasping (Hands/Arms)
Fine Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Gross Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Near Vision (Correctable to Jaeger 2 or 20/30 binocular)
Distance Vision (Correctable to Snellen chart 20/30 binocular)
Hears Whispers < 3 feet
Hears Whispers 3-8 feet
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 21-677 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.