Advanced Practice Provider-Employer Service - Corporate Health & Wellness, Onsite Family Medicine- Luxemburg
Advanced Practice Provider-APP
This position will work 35 hrs per week
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
The Advanced Practice Provider is an advanced practice nurse or physician assistant prepared to deliver primary health care services to patients, families and groups emphasizing the promotion of health and prevention of disease. The scope of responsibilities includes collaborating and coordinating with physicians and other health professionals regarding clinical practice, education, consultation, research and program development.
(This may not include all duties assigned.)
1. Performs comprehensive health assessments for acute and chronic patients.
2. Assesses and manages care for acute, minor, episodic illnesses and injuries.
3. Interviews and advises patient/families regarding health/illness prevention.
4. Performs follow up exams.
5. Provides assessment, evaluation, and management of clients with acute and chronic illnesses.
6. Collaborates with patients to determine physiologic, emotional, and environmental needs and priorities.
7. Provides case management services to assist clients and families with the arrangement for, or refer patients to
8. Manages patient health concerns through telephone triage and consultation as needed.
9. Provides services, which may include the ordering of appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, the prescription of
pharmacological agents, and other non-pharmacological treatment modalities.
10. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information.
11. Performs patient callbacks, reports diagnostic findings and provides consultation.
12. Participates with physicians in review of patient`s health records.
13. Participates in call coverage when required.
14. Attends required department meetings and participates in committees as requested.
15. Other appropriate clinical duties as assigned by supervisory physician(s) in accordance with experience.
16. Promotes ongoing quality improvement activities.
17. Documents in the electronic medical record for all patients.
18. Obtain and confirm accurate demographic and insurance/coverage information.
19. Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
20. Performs phlebotomy, and point of care testing, maintaining documentation as required by regulations.
1. Willingness to learn new roles within scope of practice.
2. Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
3. Demonstrate organizational skills that allow timely patient appointments and appropriate required follow up.
4. Presents a courteous and service oriented image through positive and helpful interaction with patients and families,
physicians and co-workers.
5. Participates in APP activities throughout PREVEA and community.
6. Participates in community activities.
ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER
1. Registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
2. Graduate of a master`s level nurse practitioner program.
3. Certification through ANCC or ANA.
4. Certified in the State of Wisconsin as an Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber or certification eligible, obtaining
certification at the first opportunity.
5. Maintains current CPR certification, ACLS certification desirable.
6. Experience requirements may vary.
1. Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program.
2. Licensed by the State of Wisconsin.
3. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
4. Maintains current CPR certification, ACLS certification desirable.
5. Experience requirements may vary.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions:
Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a hospital and / or a clinic environment. Work involves constant contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries weights up to 50 pounds. Requires exposure to communicable disease and bodily fluids. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours. Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30, ability to differentiate colors, and hearing within normal range.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: APP / Advanced Practice Provider
Job Classification: Provider
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 21-617 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.