LPN/RN Supervisor- Internal Medicine- St Mary`s Medical Office Building
This position will work 36 hrs per week
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor
Job Classification: Direct/Indirect Patient Care
Date of Analysis: Date of Revision/Review: 07/2018
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Clinic organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
Assists the Manager/Service Line Director in the development, organization, and implementation of the department`s operations, reflecting a commitment to Prevea Clinic`s mission, vision, and values. Have responsibilities for fiscal management, staffing and personnel development, quality improvement, customer service, and department planning. This person will have direct supervision of the nursing staff team for doing necessary tasks. Sets the standard for patient work up, following provider protocols and is responsible for assuring the provision of optimal patient care on an ongoing basis.
Solicits suggestions for problem solving and process improvement from the staff.
Implements solutions to improve department functions.
Plans and coordinates all necessary services with staff and other departments to meet patient needs.
Supervises the staff of the department.
Supervises the day-to-day operations of the staff.
Communicates new information to staff in a timely manner.
Holds regular meetings with staff.
Supervises, directs, and evaluates staff performance.
Responds to performance issues in a timely manner.
Completes performance evaluations in a thorough and timely manner.
Responsible for creating staff schedules.
Approves and edits assigned staff time cards.
Responsible for evaluating and approving vacation requests made by assigned staff.
Oversees the purchasing of supplies
(This list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Demonstrates a commitment to Prevea Clinic`s mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Promotes teamwork and provides a supportive environment for staff in the department and other departments that interact with the department.
- Solicits suggestions for problem solving and process improvement from the staff and providers in the department.
- Implements solutions to improve the department`s functioning with consideration of and sensitivity to the impact of other departments and the overall clinic functioning.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the staff to assure a high level of productivity and customer service.
- Analyzes and recommends changes in department processes, systems, and procedures to increase efficiencies in the department.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, effective priority setting, and follow through in supervising the nursing staff of the department.
- Acts as a role model for staff through professional conduct, adhering to the dress code, appropriate communication, excellent customer service skills, and supports management decisions.
- Encourages initiative, confidence, and loyalty of personnel by demonstrating these qualities in relationships with staff, administration, and providers.
- Creates a climate where the staff is empowered and strives to do their best.
- Leads with an understanding of the philosophy of a physician owned clinic.
- Fiscal Responsibilities
- Oversees the purchasing of supplies and recommends equipment purchases required for the daily operations of the department within budgeted parameters.
- Reviews budget and monitors variances on a monthly basis.
- Works with Manager/Service Line Director, and staff to develop an appropriate action plan for variances.
- Collaborates with the Manager/Service Line Director and the department coordinators to develop an annual department budget.
- Monitors staffing schedules to minimize variances to the budget while maintaining quality customer service.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data, and initiates suggestions to improve department productivity.
- Quality Improvement
- Participates in the clinic`s continuous quality improvement programs.
- Promotes a safe work environment and demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, disaster plans, and safety processes.
- Promotes efficiency in the department while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Department Planning
- Plans and coordinates all necessary services with staff and other departments to meet patient needs.
- Assures the department has the appropriate resources and staffing to ensure quality patient care.
- Uses creativity and innovation in problem solving, and developing new processes and services for the department.
- Works in conjunction with the Manager/Service Line Director in strategic planning for the department.
- Customer Service
- Dedicated to meeting or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Supports clinic wide customer service initiatives and serves as a customer service role model.
- Reviews customer satisfaction data with physicians and staff, and assists in identifying opportunities for change and improvement.
- Responds to complaints in a timely manner according to the Quality Resources Policy.
- Communicates with staff and management in other departments to create a seamless process for patient care.
- Immediately communicates changes in provider and staff schedules to members of the department.
- Holds regular meetings with staff.
- Communicates new information to staff in a timely manner.
- Assures confidentiality of management information, staff information, and patient information.
- Attends and contributes to supervisory meetings and participates in committees as appropriate.
- Communicates with the Manager/Service Line Director on a regular basis and submits appropriate minutes and reports as requested.
- Clinical Competencies
- Has a working knowledge of all clinical roles under their supervision, and is available as a clinical resource to the staff.
- Understands clinical competencies in dealing with age groups, disease processes, and department procedures.
- Human Resources
- Responds to performance issues in a timely manner in accordance with Prevea Clinic`s discipline policy.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates staff performance.
- Recruits staff in a timely manner to fill open positions and consults with HR to determine the appropriate wage for each candidate.
- Implements individual and group training programs to develop staff competencies.
- Identifies educational needs of staff and coordinate the process for staff to attend educational opportunities within budgeted parameters.
- Holds staff accountable for the department and organizational policies and procedures.Performance Requirements:Education/Experience/Certifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a LPN in a clinical or hospital setting.
- Adequate clinical knowledge and skills to plan, evaluate, perform, and supervise the quality of patient care.
- Ability to handle and process confidential information.Non-Essential Duties: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical Working Conditions:
- Other duties as assigned.
Work requires physical hand dexterity and full range of motion for operation of computer. Requires sitting for long periods. Vision must be correctable to 20/30 and hearing must be within normal range. Requires ability to work under stressful or emergency situations with high concentration and energy level.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: LPN Supervisor
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 21-461 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.