Registered Nurse- Infusion Therapy- Chippewa Falls- TEMP
This will be a temp position
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse, Level II, Infusion Therapy
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care / Hands-On Patient Care
Date of Analysis: 8/3/2021 Date of Revision/Review: 8/3/2021
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Provides professional nursing care under supervision for clinic infusion patients
- Performs general nursing care to patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatment in accordance with nursing standards.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment.
- Room patients, obtain brief history, complaint and document pertinent information including vital signs.
- Provide telephone advice to patients as directed/Provide telephone follow-up to patients as directed.
- Communicate with providers regarding any patient status changes.
- Communicate with hospitals and other offices as directed by the providers.
- Administer IV Infusion Therapy as directed by Provider.
- Facilitate/perform lab & diagnostic testing per provider order
- Act as a liaison for providers
- Facilitate completion of forms as appropriate
- Observes, records, and reports patient`s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including re-stocking of treatment areas.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Use of electronic medical record (EMR) (may include but not limited to: documentation, referrals, order entry, pre-certification, etc.).
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Other duties designated under the scope of licensure.
- Performs related work as required
- Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for registered nursing to provide patient care and treatment
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care
- Knowledge of medications and their effects on patients
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Skills in taking vital signs
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients and staff
- Ability to recognize problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under stressful or emergency situations with high concentration and energy level
- Must display excellent teamwor
- RN with current Wisconsin license
- CPR certification
- RN experience preferred
- Previous experience working on an Electronic medical record (EMR)Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practiceTypical Working Conditions:
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings dealing with multiple patients in a short period of time. This is a fast paced job that needs to be done with efficiency and precaution. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds as needed for patient transfer (with assistance or other staff). Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
- Sometimes has to wheelchair patients with a force of up to 70lbs
- Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30 and hearing within normal range
- Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care/Clinical Support
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 21-572 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.