Patient Service Representative/Communication Specialist - Support Services Building- TEMP
This is a temp position and will include evening and weekend hours
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: PSR Communications Specialist
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
Date of Analysis: 5/29/13 Date of Revision/Review: 06/2020, 06/2021
THE MISSION STATEMENT
To take care of people with passion, pride, and respect.
OVERALL EXPECTATIONS STATEMENT
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Health organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co-workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Greets, instructs, directs, and schedules patients and visitors in an engaging and positive manner. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical staff. Makes a positive first impression on any person utilizing Prevea Health services.
- Coordinate communication between patients, family members, medical staff, providers, and administrative staff-via phone, in person, or through MyPrevea.
- Direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate parties.
- Assist patient or caller in directing medical concerns; receive and route messages to appropriate staff.
- Obtain and confirm accurate demographic and insurance/coverage information.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
- Inform patients of the variety of services that are offered by Prevea Health.
- Assist patient or caller with financial questions regarding policies.
- Attend meetings as required and follow the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Complete all work tasks in accordance with privacy, compliance, and HIPAA laws.
- Place long distance calls for clinic personnel
- Operate paging system and respond effectively to emergency indicators and notify appropriate contacts.
- Responsible for paging on-call providers and messaging clinical staff using Epic.
- Work closely with triage and nursing staff to ensure timely completion of all phone encounters.
- Have extensive knowledge of the organization`s structure to route calls and take appropriate messages while proactively seeking assistive information for patient needs.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing protocols and processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with employees throughout the organization in a proactive and positive manner, as well as possess the ability to motivate to accomplish the goals of the department and the clinic.
- Promotes teamwork and provides a supportive environment for staff in the assigned departments and throughout the organization.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to think critically using provided information in the decision-making process.
- Engages in active listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Must be empathetic and responsive to patient`s needs, continually looking for ways to assist patients.
- Knowledgeable of the computer systems with an emphasis on learning and training on the Epic system
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to accurately type patient information and take appropriate messages.
- Ability to speak clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Must be willing to work at all locations, various shifts and extended hours as needed.
- Experience in customer service, insurance and/or healthcare setting preferred.
- Proficient interpersonal, telephone and computer skills
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves continual contact with staff and the public. Possible exposure to communicable diseases.
- Long sedentary hours
- Computer time stressful on eyes
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Working in an office environment. Some bending and stretching are required. Vision must be correctable to 20/30 and hearing must be in the normal range. Working with occasional stress and the ability to adapt to continuous change is required. Use of telephone and computers are required. Manual dexterity required for use of phone, calculator, and computer keyboard.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Communications Specialist
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 21-588 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.