Starting at $17+
Job Title: Production Operator
Leadership Of: N/A
Reports To: Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Purpose and Scope:
Set up, operate, clean, or tend machines to mix, blend or agglomerate materials such as food grade chemicals, liquids, or color pigments.
- Responsible for performing all job requirements in a safe manner using the proper PPE and being a proactive safety role model with co-workers.
- Responsible for correcting/reporting unsafe behaviors or equipment to ensure a safe working environment.
- Responsible for cleanliness within the work department.
- Perform Safety Audits
- Complete and maintain all safety training.
Quality/Food Safety Expectations:
- Follow all Food safety practices and processes applicable to the department.
- Perform/execute job duties keeping the company's commitment to quality in mind.
- Monitor and maintain all food safety activities as part of daily tasks.
- Enforce food safety plan while producing product.
- Perform daily GMP audits.
- Add or mix chemicals and ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products visually in order to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Observe production and monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, and products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Clean and maintain equipment, using hand tools. Display proper use of hand tools.
- Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory testing.
- Record operational and production data accurately on specified forms.
- Test samples of materials or products to ensure compliance with specifications, using test equipment.
- Transfer materials, supplies, and product between work areas, using moving equipment and hand tools.
- General understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices. (GMP's)
- Understand location of fire stations and first aid kits.
- Understand wet clean and dry clean procedures.
- Read and understand product specification sheets and testing requirements.
- Forklift certified by video and written test.
- Understand item key format.
- Must be able to write legibly and perform simple math using a calculator.
- Communicate and work with other departments.
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- General understanding of SQF, Dietary Supplement, and MMR process.
- Must be able to fill out Maintenance Work Orders.
- Understand Lock-Out/Tag-Out requirements.
- Displayed comprehension of the agglomeration and encapsulation understanding.
- Display positive attitude.