**BONUS** Credentialed Medical Asst - Kettering - Oncology Support - FT/Evenings
Job ID: 2021-26725
# of Openings: 1
Category: Medical Assistant
Cancer Center Building
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether its by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
**Possible Incentives for external Medical Assistant
- Up to $3,000 Sign-on Bonus based on experience and a two-year work commitment
- Relocation Bonus available (amount may vary dependent on the distance of the move)
- Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering Health for the last 6 months prior to rehire
Under the supervision of the physician, APP and registered nurse:
- Assists in providing care and performing office functions.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by doctor/nurse.
- Takes blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by the nurse or physician(s).
- Assists with any procedures that have been taught through formal training or by licensed nurse or physician(s).
- Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of physician(s) and nurse and for which training has been given.
- Keeps medical records in accordance to procedures and forms.
- Follows principles of medical ethics for medical assistant.
- Keep rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies.
- May be requested to substitute for other office personnel and conduct responsibilities of receptionist/front desk.
- Any other assigned duties by physician(s), nurses or manager.
- Completion of an accredited program that meets nationally accepted standards-certificate or degree in Medical Assisting or Medical Office Management.
- BLS certification
- If employees practice has issued AED, the employee is required to obtain and maintain current BLS certification.
- Must either have six months of experience as a Medical Assistant, OR, have graduated from an accredited MA or Medical Office Management program that meets nationally accepted standards.
- Within one year from date of hire, continued employment will require successful attainment and retention of CCMA, CMA (AAMA) or NCMA certification or RMA plus documented completion of a Medical Assisting program through an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Previous experience in a medical environment preferred
- Office practice knowledge required to include examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures, medical equipment and instruments, common safety hazards and precautions, confidentiality/discretion
- Patient, courteous and tactful
- Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and the public
- Ability to follow direction, accept orders and perform repetitive tasks
- Computer literate word processing, email, experience in electronic medical records preferred
- Perform patient screening using established protocols