See all jobs in Waco TX
Job Location: Waco, TX
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Envases Group is a worldwide supplier of quality packaging solutions. The Envases Group is divided into three packaging divisions - PET Packaging, Aluminum Beverage Packaging and Food & Industrial Packaging - each with special competences within their field to serve customers the best way possible.
Our core value is to supply high quality packaging solutions, always striving for growing our business in order to be the market leader in the markets we operate in.
Envases Group is expanding global presence by the plan to open its first aluminum beverage can production and distribution center in Waco, Texas. The Waco operation will focus on aluminum beverage containers commonly used for soft drinks, beers, energy drinks, teas and non-carbonated beverages.
Thank you for having interest in our employment opportunities.
REQ NUMBER: ACC-21-00008
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 1
POSITION: Cost Accountant
We are looking for an experienced Cost Accountant to perform routine cost accounting functions such as ledger/account maintenance, cost analysis, capital expenditure monitoring, reconciliation, posting, inventory control and reporting. Prepares financial analysis on date extracted from a variety of sources and report findings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform cost-accounting activities covering material and production costs, costs of sales, product development, overhead and others
- Compares actual costs to estimates and analyzes variances
- Analyzes and monitors raw material inventory
- Perform analysis on product cost, variance & productivity efficiencies, inventory & COGS while providing recommendations to management highlighting opportunities and/or risks
- Maintain inventory system with an emphasis on system integrity and standardization
- Analyzes and costs manufacturing work orders following company's costing system
- Perform analysis of assigned activities & develop new reporting and analytical tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the plant's performance
- Identify and drive cost reductions, working capital opportunities and manufacturing productivity improvements.
- Present data and financial information in a clear and concise manner to management
- Work with large amount of data and complex bills of material, collaborating with engineering, operations, and operations support
- Assist Assistant Controller in preparing monthly journal entries for cost of sales and scrap
- Analyses actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing budget cost to actual production cost, this includes product margin reporting and analytics
- Assist in the month-end closing process including reconciling balance sheet and account
- Maintain accurate inventory tracking system
- Perform periodic internal audits and physical count of inventory as needed
- General knowledge of purchasing policies, processes, and procedures
- Creates and monitors purchase orders, tracks for appropriate approvals, account numbers and receipt of goods
- May have to occasion to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements
- Ensure that spending is recorded accurately in the books. Invoices are coded to the correct nominal/cost Centre and project. This will ensure that variance generated are a true reflection of current financial position
- Analyze Capex for the Company and ensure that capex stays within budgeted targets. Provides analysis each month showing variance against budget and latest forecast
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required in accounting, finance or related field; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in cost accounting, experience working in manufacturing
- Excellent analytical skills with a sound understanding of accounting principles
- Experience working with ERP and financial reporting systems
- Experience performing physical inventory and cycle counts
- Knowledge of GAAP and Statutory accounting policies and procedures preferred
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and vendors/suppliers
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to maintain accurate, detailed records that will be audited periodically
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once with tight deadlines
- High-level of comfort in working with numbers and spreadsheets; ability to create statistical reports
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the desire and ability to take ownership and responsibility with little direction
- Knowledge of Federal and State Taxation laws
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and advance existing skill sets to be able to serve future office needs in additional capacities
- Ability to be pragmatic in decision making; requires high integrity
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Ability to take direction, coaching and act positively to improve performance
- Prefer Bilingual verbal and written communication skills in English & Spanish
- Preference will be given to qualified local candidates
SOFTWARE/COMPUTER SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- General knowledge of basic hardware and software and uses of a variety of different computer operating systems such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Workspace, and web-site software
- Has the ability to learn new software systems and data management systems quickly
- Proficient keyboarding and typing skills
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
HOURS / SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; present to fulfill job duties & meet operational demands/support; schedule may vary depending on plant operational needs thus flexibility is required which could include long days, occasional evening & weekends; regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position; position may require travel to meetings, conferences, workshops or other facilities.
EOE STATEMENT: Envases Commerce LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits employment discrimination practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.