See all jobs in Irvine CA
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Region: North America
Division: Outside Sales and Marketing
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for an Architectural & Design Specification Salesperson in our Los Angeles sales office. In this position, you will be a key part of driving demand for our Window Systems, Lighting Controls, and Exterior Controls. You will educate specifiers such as Architects, Interior Designers, and others on Lutron product benefits and our world-class customer support services. A successful A&D Specification Salesperson will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop new customer relationships and business opportunities
- Close projects through technical expertise and a high level of customer service
- Surround project specifications through effective communication with team members, rep agents, Dealers and other specifying or end user influencers
- Represent Lutron at Industry trade organizations and networking events
- Become a technical expert on Lutron products for our specification customers, end-users and trait partners
- Utilize Salesforce CRM tool to maintain customer and project information
- Stay aligned to Lutron's culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelor's Degree (technical degree preferred)
- 5+ years in Sales
- Passion for Sales, working with design community and understand the construction sales cycle. Able to follow the project through its long sales cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to learn technical products, their benefits, and specify them
- Experience solving complex problems within a team environment
- Prior architectural, product, or lighting design experience preferred
- Must have ability to collaborate with a Team to close projects.
Lutron Electronics' position as the inventor and worldwide leader of lighting controls is founded on our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to delighting our worldwide customers. Our efforts result in double digit annual growth which, in turn, allows the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to strengthen our relationship with our consumers and customers. Continuous growth is fueled by our commitment to investing 10% of revenue into R&D, which leads to our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that, in turn, drive the creation of new or better products and services. Saving the world over $1 billion a year in electricity and lowering the carbon footprint for many companies and households is a tremendous source of pride for the entire Lutron family.
Lutron controls are as comfortable in the mansions of movie stars and captains of industry as they are in every home on Main Street. They can be found in the Empire State Building and One World Trade Center, throughout North America, Latin America, Asia, Europe, Australia, and Africa; in The White House, Mickey Mouse's house, and, most likely, in YOUR house.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University, and advancement opportunities. For more information view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action - Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.