GreenState Credit Union
Bilingual Mortgage Loan Processor
Job ID: 2021-2768
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
GreenState Credit Union
Responsible for processing of all secondary and in-house mortgage loans.
GreenState is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants.
Hourly pay range for this position is $19.17 - $28.76, with a monthly incentive opportunity and a progressive benefits package!
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change.
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival. Consistent usage of the members name during contact and always thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Builds and maintains relationships in the real estate community, which includes but is not limited to realtors, attorneys, abstractors, and insurance companies.
- Fields and returns phone calls from the mortgage group line and returns phone calls/emails from borrowers regarding their mortgage loan. Orders final inspections, flood determination, credit report, pre-closure credit report, verification of deposit, verification of employment, verification of mortgage or rents and other documents necessary to support the loan application and ensure complete documentation of the loan file. Sends a copy of the appraisal to the borrowers at least 3 days prior to closing.
- Reviews and verifies title work is clear to close and works with all parties involved to clear title objections. Sends a copy of the title to the borrowers to review prior to closing. Requests HOA letters as needed.
- Collects and verifies completeness of requested credit documents. Processes documents by correctly entering information into on-line computer system and scans original documents into loan software system as needed.
- Orders and reviews both the compliance report and fraud report for accuracy and discrepancies and makes any necessary corrections.
- Submits file information to automated underwriting system when necessary and verifies accuracy of the findings.
- Organizes documents in the LOS System in appropriate order and submits final applications to underwriting for approval.
- Follows up on any approval conditions for secondary market and in-house loans.
- Following approval, sends approval letter to borrowers and realtors, orders payoffs, property surveys, and orders any other required documentation to prepare closing documents.
- Requests homeowners insurance and flood insurance if applicable (personal and association) and requests mortgagee clause change prior to closing. Verifies the completeness and accuracy of the binder for effective dates, coverage, and address.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union in a positive way during member contact.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to gather data from a number of sources and to represent positively the Credit Union during such contacts.
- Ability to provide quality service to members by phone or in person or by email.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
- Ability to operate related computer applications, on-line terminal and other standard office equipment such as a calculator and typewriter.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Lending policies and Real Estate knowledge helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED) with a minimum of one year previous related work experience.
- Must be bondable.
Reports to the Mortgage Processing Supervisor.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.