Cosmic AES is looking for a Software Developer 4 to support the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) Cyber Warfare Mission Systems Program Management Office. The SW Developer will provide coding expertise in C++ and/or Python to maintain current fielded software as well as to provide enhancements to the software to answer operational requirements. The SW Developer will be part of an integrated development team consisting of Digital Signal Processing Engineers, RF Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Network Engineers in order to support a cyber enterprise architecture of multiple operational capabilities.
- Maintain, implement and design software for RF cyber applications
- Implement DSP algorithms in software
- Implement Docker Container development on modules and applications to meet operational requirements
- Test new capabilities to progress from development to operations
- Design, code, implement, and support detailed monitoring across the DevOps pipeline
- Design and build automated deployments that simplify development, increase predictability, ensure quality through automated testing, and provide safe fallback
- Work with other engineers and Cosmic AES customers to perform requirements analysis/design tradeoffs and develop solutions in accordance with system/product architectures
- Develop Software artifacts to support system engineering and operational requirements
- Analyze software requirements and cyber-security conformance issues
- Mentor team members in software development principles and best practices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS Degree in CS, CE, or EE with software emphasis and relevant work experience
- Experience in software design, engineering and development skills, including familiarity with modern software development practices and tools
- 10+ years of experience in software development,
- Broad automation experience in build, test, configuration, and deployment in complex environments from development to production
- Strong systems administration background (Linux, Windows, virtualized, or cloud)
- SCM experience (Git) and knowledge of branch strategies
- Strong experience in multiple languages (C/C++, Python)
- Experience with automated testing
- CI Experience in multiple tools (Jenkins, GitLab)
- Experience with automated configuration management
- History of owning and driving software releases into production
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Satellite communications, DSP, or communications experience
- Familiarity with ICE cards, Ettus, GNU Radio, and software defined radio (SDR) concepts
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Self-motivated and independent with a passion for change and ongoing improvement
- Critical thinker with sound judgment for complex problem solving and decision making
- Experience in hardware abstraction layer (HAL) programming
- Experience in leadership/mentorship of younger engineers
- +15 years in DOD software development.
This job description is subject to change, as requirements change.