Would you like to know what it's like to be called an "Angel?"
Visiting Angels Newport Beach and South Orange County is hiring a caring, compassionate, and trustworthy Caregiver / Home Health Aide. Join our team to provide non-medical and companion care to seniors. A perfect fit for retired nurses, nursing students, CNA, RN, family caregivers and someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of others and has a heart to serve.
What Are The Benefits To Being An Caregiver / Home Health Aide?
- Flexible schedules tailored to your availability
- Work close to home, with paid travel time between clients
- Competitive pay, including holiday overtime pay
- 401K for all employees with company matching
- Initial paid training and annual paid training
- Telehealth - 100% paid by employer
- Excellent communication and feedback to our employees
About Visiting Angels Newport Beach and South Orange County
Visiting Angels is a locally owned and operated home care franchise dedicated to ensuring that seniors are able to age gracefully in the place that we call home. We care about the individual needs of our staff and pride ourselves on finding the right client for each caregiver. Initial interviews and orientation will be completed over Zoom.
Caregiver / Home Health Aide Responsibilities:
- Provides essential non-medical care, safety, and companionship for our clients
- Provides a sense of security and protects the client as much as possible from any harm
- Assists the client to live in a clean, healthy, and safe environment
- Light housekeeping, including tidying up main rooms, washing dishes, laundry, or emptying trash
- Provides client transportation to and from doctor's appointments and running errands
- Provides medication reminders
- Assists in meal planning, purchases of foods and food preparation
- Observes and reports all changes the client's general physical, emotional and mental conditions
- Keeps appropriate records of all activity while in the client's home
Caregiver / Home Health Aide Job Requirements:
- Live local within one of our service areas of Lake Forest and surrounding OC areas
- Ability to provide a consistent work schedule
- Minimum of 1 year of caregiving experience preferred
- Experience working with individuals with Alzheimer's/Dementia preferred
- Registered HCA or ability to obtain
- Clear Livescan fingerprint screening and driving record check
- Current TB test within the last 2 years
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver's license and current automobile insurance
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School education
- Must comply with all agency policies, including random drug tests
Caregiver / Home Health Aide COVID-19 Considerations
We provide masks, nitrile gloves, and hand sanitizer for all caregivers and have daily COVID safety procedures in place for caregivers and clients.