See all jobs in Lincolnshire IL
Job Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Address: 450 Bond Street
The Principle Electrical Engineer acts as a subject matter expert concerning rechargeable battery systems and power electronics products and is responsible for complex problem solving, evaluting and developing products, and implementing solutions. In addition, this position may participate in product team leadership as well as technical mentoring and development of junior engineers.
1. Act as the technical expert during projects. Determine appropriate theoretical principals and approach to be
taken using judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptations of standard techniques procedures
and criteria in order to design equipment and systems which will allow the company to meet program requirements.
2. Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods. Represent the organization in vendor
meetings to plan and coordinate work and resolve important questions.
3. Plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work in a total program or project.
Evaluate complex features such as resolution or conflicting design requirements. Perform failure analysis, root cause
investigation and problem solving.
4. Conduct detailed feasibility studies for proposed equipment and systems. Review design and development plans;
review cost estimates and evaluate engineering proposals and specifications. Develop comprehensive test plans and
test report documentation for technical reviews.
5. Coordinate and schedule activities concerned with technical development and resolving engineering design and
test problems. Utilize project management skills on cross functional teams with emphasis on Electrical Engineering
6. May act as a liaison with customer and vendor representatives to ensure adherence of design specifications to
the ultimate users needs and requirements.
7. Prioritize engineering projects in alignment with the needs and strategic goals of the organization.
8. Review and implement changes as needed to keep active projects on time.
9. Maintain close contact with associated team leaders, business unit managers and executive team.
10. Assist in providing direction to other engineers within the department and project teams.
11. Analyze financial impact within various manufacturing facilities during project implementation.
12. Support regulatory and agency compliance testing.
13. Work with product management team to assist in defining product roadmaps.
14. Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Material Science and five (5) years of direct work experience are
required. Previous experience working with battery systems, power electronics, or portable battery power
applications is required. Experience with rechargeable battery systems and power electronics products including AC
inverters and power supplies, lighting illumination, and motor driven products is strongly preferred.
Must have excellent technical, analytical, planning and organizational skills. Must possess demonstrated experience
facilitating complex projects and solutions with multiple interactions. Must possess conflict resolution skills and
demonstrated team leadership experience. Must possess strong oral and written skills with the ability to present
both technical analysis and financial based justifications allowing further decision making within all levels of the
organization. Ability to function in an environment of constantly changing priorities, goals and direction often amid
stressful conditions and under time constraints.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.