The manufacturing engineer position develops and recommends cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends improvements to production processes, methods and controls; helps to coordinate manufacturing launches for new or revised products. Helps to troubleshoot equipment and determine the root cause of the equipment failure as needed throughout the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Recommends process improvement, problem resolution and employee training.
- Helps improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members.
- Monitors process conditions of Manufacturing Equipment
- Lead investigations into manufacturing abnormalities, determine root cause and suggest countermeasures
- Identify safety improvements and risk mitigation
- Support capacity analysis and ROI with ME on current and future year plans
- Support ME with time study analysis, and capital planning initiatives.
- Assists the Manufacturing Engineering team in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Helps to coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Assemble mechanical and /or electronic devices and assemblies referring to engineering specifications, prints and layouts.
- PLC Programming and troubleshooting skills
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical experience highly desired
- 3 -5 years of related job experience as a Manufacturing Engineer supporting Heat Treat Operations.
- Manufacturing experience in a fast paced/high volume metal working business preferred
- CAD Knowledge
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to be approachable and tactful.
- Good Math and computer skills. (Office, Word, Excel, etc.,)
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability