Who are we?
Founded in 2009 by industry leaders in enterprise software solutions, Macedon Technologies is a quickly growing technical consulting firm with offices in the Washington, DC and Austin, TX areas.
What do we value?
- Curiosity. We never stop learning.
- Daring. We push the limits of what is possible.
- Mastery. We raise the standards with everything we do.
- Passion for winning. We celebrate wins.
- Empathy. We are mindful of others.
- Integrity. We conduct ourselves honestly and ethically.
- Ownership. We hold ourselves accountable.
- Teamwork. We grow stronger together.
What do we do?
At Macedon Technologies, we solve business problems by building on top of the Appian platform in a robust and Agile manner. Our Consultants architect, develop, and deliver creative solutions that help transform the way our clients do business. The result is more efficient, transparent, accountable, and profitable business processes - and happier people.
What is work like for our Consultants?
Our Consultants thrive in a fun, fast paced environment, delivering state of the art solutions for our clients across a wide variety of industries. Our Consultants are more than a Programmer or Software Developer or even Coder - our Consultants collaborate with businesses to understand their problems and resolve them quickly. Our Consultants work on dynamic teams in tandem with clients, surrounded by and led by the best in our industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing complex business processes using the Appian platform, with supervision
- Responsible for implementation of components and integrations
- Responsible for meeting all expectations around quality, velocity, and utilization, as well as participating and help others participate as an active member of the Macedon community
- Participate in client meetings, such as backlog refinement, with oversight.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a US accredited institution
- Zero to two years of experience
- Conceptual understanding of platform software architecture and performance implications
- Preference for strong development background with Java, Python, or similar
- Preference for direct experience with industry architectures/technologies including J2EE, SQL, ESBs, Web APIs, and related technologies
**Signing bonus available for qualified candidates**