See all jobs in Utica NY
Job Location: Utica, NY
Category Affordable Housing
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name DePaul Properties
$1,000 Sign On Bonus! DePaul is looking for an adaptable, efficient, and reliable individual to join our team.
The Compliance Specialist 2 will provide technical support to Property Management and program staff in complying with applicable affordable housing program regulations and guidelines. This entails carrying out annual household interviews, preparing, processing, and calculating certification files. Participates in systematic file reviews and responds to written summary of findings. Maintains and utilizes specified forms and software. Some travel is required with use of personal vehicle.
DePaul Properties, Inc. develops and operates affordable housing throughout New York State through the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program. Our affordable housing communities provide permanent housing solutions for low-income individuals and families. Additionally, DePaul provides service enriched housing funded through the Office of Mental Health and Empire State Supportive Housing Initiatives.
DePaul offers advancement opportunities, paid holidays and accrued time off, plus full benefit options for full-time positions. DePaul is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in building positive partnerships in a rewarding field, please apply.
- Ensure compliance with program regulatory requirements (e.g., LIHTC, Section 8, HOME, and other programs), Fair Housing Standards.
- Work collaboratively with property management and internal and external agency service providers.
- Maintain program compliance by processing annual, interim and unit transfer tenant income certifications following DePaul guidelines as well as local, state, and federal regulations.
- Review files for external audit and prepare formal finding responses.
- Perform weekly housing software dashboard reviews for workflow completion and / or deficiencies and escalate to Sr. Director of Asset Management.
- Participate in annual rent increase notifications to residents and agency subsidy providers. Perform subsidy updates in Yardi.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a caring and positive attitude toward all prospects and residents.
- Stay current and knowledgeable on all fair housing regulations as well as updates and changes to tenant landlord law.
- Attend all recommended / mandated trainings to stay current with compliance funding source regulations and Fair Housing Laws.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents, and staff.
- Performs any other duties for the effective operation of the program
Associate's Degree in Business or High School Diploma / GED
Working knowledge of affordable housing program compliance, especially HUD or Tax Credit programs. LIHTC Certification not required but must be obtained in the first year of employment. Yardi Property Management Software experience a plus, but not required. Computer literacy in Microsoft programs. Must be well-organized and possess an extreme attention to detail. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work well both independently and with a team, all while meeting critical deadlines. Background check required. Experience working with individuals with psychiatric disabilities is a plus. Demonstrated good verbal & written communications skills, bilingual a plus.
OTHER: *In addition to the above criteria, this position also requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel policy.